6 - The New Supervisor: Strategies for Supporting and Managing Frontline Staff
It?s here at last?an excellent guide to assist new and experienced supervisors of frontline staff with everyday challenges. The New Supervisor: Strategies for Supporting and Managing Frontline Staff identifies the necessary tools for successful supervision of staff.
Supervisors need strategies, ideas, and tools to solve the problems that lead to staff and client dissatisfaction. Supervisors who learn to lead and support each worker to achieve his or her personal level of self-management have the most success.
The goal of this book is to develop supervisors who utilize the following tools:
1. Recognizing values and beliefs related to frontline staff
2. Separating and refining the roles of manager, supervisor and leader
3. Reinforcing strengths of staff
4. Resolving to keep staff who make a difference in residents? lives
5. Increasing the capacity to serve